Hemorrhoids are inflamed or swollen veins found in the anal canal. This problem is usually painful but it is not really a serious one. Swollen veins inside of the anal canal can lead to internal hemorrhoids. On the other hand, if the swollen veins are found in the near opening of the anus, this forms an external hemorrhoid.
Hemorrhoids usually occur due to much pressure found on the rectal and pelvic area. Typically, the tissues found inside of the anus are filled with blood. This is to help in controlling the bowel movements.
But, what do hemorrhoids feel like? Or what do people feel when they are experiencing hemorrhoids? Below are the experiences you may feel if you are suffering from hemorrhoids.
- Irritation of Skin: Large hemorrhoids that may bulge in the anus will probably secrete mucus. That will then lead into skin irritation.
- Itchiness: This is the common complaint. It is because of the fact that internal hemorrhoids normally seep the mucus. It will result in the irritation of the skin in the anal part that can really cause itchiness.
- Pain: Most of the hemorrhoids inside the anus are not that painful. However, the large hemorrhoid that bulges in the anus may give a painful feeling. The feeling will become worst if it swells and squeezes through the muscle that controls the anus. Extreme pain can be the sign that the hemorrhoids, which supply blood, are cutting off. It will then result to a strangulated hemorrhoid. Emergency kind of treatment is badly needed for this matter.
- Discomfort feeling: Right after having the bowel movement, you can still feel the urge of passing the stool. This kind of feeling can really give a great discomfort that may hinder the day to day activities. It is normally caused by bulging hemorrhoids found at the end portion of large intestine which is the anal canal. Generally speaking, the bigger the hemorrhoids, the greater will the discomfort be.
You will never enjoy a quality living if hemorrhoids are bothering you. It is best for you to take some simple treatments that can create a big change about the discomfort that you feel with hemorrhoids. Try to consider using the given treatments:
- Using of suppositories for lubricating the anal canal in order to relieve the irritation.
- Utilization of ointments that may protect your skin like petroleum jelly and zinc oxide. These are some of the best non-prescription remedies used for hemorrhoids.
- Applying of products with medicine that numb the anal area. These kinds of products may help people in treating their external hemorrhoids.
- Applying of ointment that has 1% of hydrocortisone. This is a kind of a steroid medicine. It can relieve itchiness and inflammation.
Other treatments can be used depending on the person’s preference. Such treatment includes fixative procedures like:
- coagulation with laser, light and electricity: it cuts off the blood supply and creates scar tissue for the shrinking of hemorrhoids
- rubber band ligation: this procedure ties off the hemorrhoids on its base through the use of rubber bands then it will eventually shrink and die
You will never want to have or even prolong your agony brought by hemorrhoids. You will feel how disturbing it is to have such health problems. If you want to maximize a happy life, make sure that you treat your hemorrhoids and get rid of such problem.