Hemorrhoids or also known as piles are inflamed and swollen vein in the lower rectum or anus. This may result from increase pressure of these veins during pregnancy or from strain during bowel movement. aaemorrhoids may develop under your skin within the anus or may be found inside your rectum as well. Usually, when a person reaches the age of 50, most of these individuals might experience discomfort, bleeding and itching that may indicate the existence of hemorrhoids. But the question is how to cure hemorrhoid? Good to know that there are several remedies or ways that people may use to treat hemorrhoid. Try considering the following tips to cure this condition:
Relieving from Itchiness and Pain
- Applying of ice several times each day for every 10 minutes. Follow this thru placing the warm compress on anal area. Then, for another 10-20 minutes follow the same procedure.
- You may take non-prescription pain relievers. Tylenol or Acetaminophen may help relieve pain. Aspirin and some other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen. That may help to relieve swelling and pain made by hemorrhoids.
- Taking a “sitz bath” is another great option. To do this, you need to fill your bathtub with warm water just enough to cover the area of your anus. Do it several times each day most especially after you had bowel movement.
- Use only non-prescription medicines that are recommended by your physician. Carefully check the information for medications of non-prescription creams, suppositories and ointments.
Other Comforting Measures:
- Try not to stand or sit for a long period of time when your hemorrhoids are irritated. If you need to sit for a longer time it is better to sit on pillow. As much as possible avoid or do not lift heavy objects as this can cause the condition to worsen.
- It is best to use cotton underwear. This is to prevent from moisture build up that may irritate the hemorrhoids. You can also wear loose kind of clothing in order to freely move and reduce the pressure in your anal area.
- A day or even more may require you of bed rest in taking the pressure off in the irritated and inflamed veins. You may sleep with pillow under the hips. It can help to reduce the swelling of your hemorrhoids.
Ways to Avoid Making your Hemorrhoids Worse
- Avoid rubbing your anal area. You may rinse off on bidet or shower instead of wiping it with a toilet paper. After cleaning, gently tap your anal area to dry it. Use absorbent, soft cloth or towel.
- After bowel movement, you may gently blot the anus with toilet paper moistened with cleansing agent like Balneol or water. Other pre-moistened towels like baby wipes can be also useful for cleaning the anus after bowel movement.
- You need to use soaps that do not have dyes or perfumes.
Surgery is another option in treating hemorrhoids. That will only be advisable if such ailment is already severe. But it is not usually happening because hemorrhoids can be easily treated if detected early. You are experiencing this kind of ailment you may try considering the above home treatments for an easy and cost-free cure of your hemorrhoids.